ORACAL® 8500 Translucent Cal
Increase Your Illumination Power with Oracal® Series 8500. This translucent high performance film meets the demands of internally illuminated signage with a 7-year durability and unbeatable color consistency from roll-to-roll. The silk-matte finish is perfect for reducing undesired reflection and the workability will change the way you think about translucent film. Series 8500 Film has been designed for producing high quality illuminated signs on rigid and thermoformed surfaces, and has been approved for prethermoforming. Available in 55 vivid colors.
- Finish – Silky-matte (satin) to inhibit undesired reflection
- Thickness – 3 mil
- Minimum Life Expectancy (based on accepted application procedures on vertical surfaces) 7 years – colors | 5 years – metallic
- Shelf Life (68°F/50% relative humidity) 2 years
- Release Liner – 84# silicone-coated paper. Customized blue silicone paper liner for white face film provides superior contrast.
- Adhesive – Clear, solvent-based, permanent adhesive
- Applications/Area of Use – For high quality designs of light boxes, internally illuminated signs, and backlit acrylic glass, glass and pretensioned banner materials. This film is specially designed for producing high quality backlit signs and for application onto internally illuminated sign facesmade of acrylic glass, glass and translucent banner materials. Suitable for use on cutting plotters. Semi-glossy surface in white is additionally suitable for thermal transfer printing (with resin ribbons).
- Minimum Application Temperature 46°F
- Removal – Adhesive can cause damage when removed.
- Print Compatibility – Thermal transfer